2 Woodland Court
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on Woodland Court, just around the corner from St Mary’s Primary School.
Oxted train station is just a 10-minute walk away.
The nursery is situated on a quiet residential area and vehicles can stop nearby the nursery for drop off and pick up.
Woodlands Day Care
At Woodlands Day Care, we do everything we can to help children, from birth to 5 years, have the best possible start in life.
We believe in every child’s right to reach their full potential and we aim is to provide a safe, happy and caring environment, where children build positive relationships, and encourage a balanced and holistic approach to learning through play.
We help children to become independent with personal routines, and to develop an inquisitive nature about their surroundings with an enthusiasm to learn, leading to ‘School Readiness’.
We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations.
We support parent partnerships with updates and photographs of your child to help support with their learning journey.
Nappy Wipes & Cream
We will provide nappies, wipes and nappy cream.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Woodlands Day Care
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child, their key person and the nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading area the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength through music and movement
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly support local charities.
- Our preschool room supports life skills and ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We build a child’s fine motor skills to develop and encourage letter and number formation
- The children have the opportunity to express their creativity through our free flow art room.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our preschool children have free flow into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
- We have a dedicated space for children to use for imaginative paly.
Hello, my name is Sam. I am the Nursery Manager at Woodlands Day Care.
Joining the nursery in January 2012, I began my early years journey gaining experience with all ages before developing a passion for preschool and supporting their readiness towards school.
My continued enthusiasm to learn lead me to complete my Level 2 and Level 3 which then sparked a further interest towards completing a degree in Early Years.
I was promoted to management in 2014. Whilst continuing my studies and with a desire to help others, I focused on building the curriculum and supporting my team and parents, to help ensure all children to flourish and be curious learners.
Hello, my name is Guy, I joined Woodlands Day Care in September 2022 as the Nursery Manager. I have been working in early years since 1998 and have been in a senior role since 2000. I have experience of the private and community sectors.
Early years is my passion, I have a pedagogical approach and know the importance of learning through play.
I hold a National Professional Qualification in Integrated Centre Leadership (Level 7), and Level 3 in Childcare & Education. I have a strong belief in supporting staff and enjoy developing the unique spaces available to ensure that the children will thrive in our environment.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.